I baked this in 2 pie pans so I can give one to my dad tomorrow for Father's Day in a pretty glass dish.
I took my recipe from http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2009/06/17/seven-layer-bars/ after seeing the luscious photo on photograzing.com. It had to be slightly modified, I think because of the 2 pie pans.
The 7 Magic Ingredients (Makes 2 "pies")
- 2 sticks butter (1/2 lb.)
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 can condensed milk
- 30 graham crackers (how the original recipe called for just 7, I will never know)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350. Put graham crackers in a plastic bag and smash them with a rolling pin. Or do what I did and use a bowl and a big dowel like a giant pestle and mortar. It takes forever!! Melt the butter. Mix with graham crumbs in the bowl. Grease your pie pans with oil. Press graham crust into bottom.
- Smash walnuts using the same procedure. Sprinkle on top of crust.
- Sprinkle on all the chocolate/white/butterscotch chips. Top with coconut.
- Pour condensed milk over the whole thing.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, or until top is golden brown.