Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Stuffed Blue Cheeseburgers

I really, really wish I had my camera for this one. You have not experienced a blue (bleu?) cheeseburger until you have had a stuffed blue cheeseburger. If you like blue cheese and you like burgers, this is definitely for you. Something about the novelty of deliciously cheesy sauce oozing out of the center of your burger patty screams summer to me. Make it classy with fresh ciabatta rolls, stuffed sauteed mushrooms and onions, and some yummy aioli (great to kick around a fancy word for mayo, neh?)

Stuffed Blue Cheese Burgers

For the burgers:
ground beef (I got the organic 80/20 from costco)
ciabatta rolls (costco!)
onions
olive oil
crumbled blue cheese
plain yogurt
salt and black pepper

For the Sandwich Construction:
sliced apple
more blue cheese
vine ripened tomatoes
salad greens
pickles
mayo


Mush together blue cheese and a little yogurt until the consistency is creamy. Set aside.

Dice onions, and mix into meat by hand along with a little mustard powder, salt and pepper and maybe some parsley.

Form 2 thin hamburger patties a little larger than your ciabatta rolls to allow for shrinkage. Spoon blue cheese mixture evenly over center of patty. Put second patty on top and press edges together to seal. Repeat with all meat and blue cheese sauce.

Grill, broil, or fry burgers.

Meanwhile, sautee some chopped mushrooms and diced onions in oil on the side. Chop some salad, too.

Construct your burger! I love blue cheese, so I spread my ciabatta with the leftover blue cheese and plain yogurt mixture. I decked my burger with pickles, chopped salad greens, tomato, sliced lady apple, etc. Maybe add a potato chip or two.

Serve with a crispy beverage and hearty sweet potato & taro chips. Enjoy the blue cheese oozing hotly out of your burger. YUM

No comments:

Post a Comment