Friday, June 19, 2009

Israeli Food Festival




First of all, Guy and a few other Israelis came over to our apartment and had an epic falafel-making session. I can tell you that it was enlightening and very, very tasty! I have a few dozen pictures of the process that I'm too lazy to upload right now.

Second of all, on the Israeli Independence Day, there was a big festival downtown. They had food, food, food, and a bad guy singing folk songs accompanied by a girl in a blue evening gown who looked much better than she sang.

I had falafel in a pita from the guy who used to own the falafel place in Manoa! (eg the only kosher place in Hawaii. It has since closed). I also got to try a lot of other Mediterranean food, which apparently was not as good as the real thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment